Nanoscience, nanotechnologies and engineering at the nanoscale are domains of utmost importance for economic development. Fundamentally challenging, research of exceptional quality is essential to enable exploration of terra incognita. A new generation of scientists, leading innovation and creativity, must be trained alongside world-class specialists whilst also being introduced to the importance of an interdisciplinary R&D approach. This is the main goal of the international master of Nanoscale Science & Engineering. Located at the world-renowned research and teaching center in Toulouse, you will be introduced to the various physics, chemistry and material sciences that inter-link to form groundbreaking Nanoscience and engineering technologies.
Training program at a glance
The NanoX Master of Nanoscale Science & Engineering has been designed to be a pre-thesis. It offers a unique combination of intensive hands-on courses and in-lab immersion. We provide an interdisciplinary field of knowledge and skills, combining physics, chemistry, materials and engineering, with an emphasis on students’ hands-on experience.
- French public institutes and the Erasmus+ programme offer a large number of scholarships for foreign students to help them finance their studies in France and Europe. See the CampusFrance.org website.
- NanoX also offers scholarships to talented foreign students (up to 7.8 k€/year) Please contact us.
- Standard internship grant (~3.6 k€/year)
All students enrolled in the MSc of Nanoscale Science & Engineering will benefit from the all in Toul’Box welcome pack, if needed.
Most senior scientists earned a doctoral degree or a master’s degree. APhD is a 3-year work experience as a research assistant, that may favor entering the high-tech job market after completing the PhD.
At the end of the master, the graduates will be ready to candidate to Doctoral programs, such as those offered by the Materials Science doctoral school in Toulouse. For more information, please visit our dedicated page.
- Students who successfully passed MSc1 programs of a European university or engineering school
- Non-European LMD students who can justify a successful training equivalent to the French MSc1 classes. Do not hesitate to contact us
The selection by the NanoX training council will be merit-based, it will recognize motivation, academic qualification and unusual extra-academic experience. The Training Concil will evaluate whether the initial training of the applicant meets the requirements of the project.
“Etudes en France” pathway
- Specific request for enrolment in an institute of higher education on “Etudes en France” (Studying in France) website if you reside in one of the following countries : Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, the Republic of the Congo, South Korea, Ivory Coast, Egypt, United States, Gabon, Guinea, Haïti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mexico, Niger, Nigeria, Peru, Senegal, Democratic Republic of Congo, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, Taiwan, Tchad, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey and Vietnam.
- Administrative registration takes place exclusively online from August 25, 2021 to September 15, 2021
- The application is online via Ecandidat before July 7, 2021
- Administrative registration takes place exclusively online from July 7, 2021 to July 28, 2021 and from August 25, 2021 to September 03, 2021
- A Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- A motivation letter addressing the list of your skills and knowledge in respect to the NanoX International Master of Nanoscale Science & Engineering degree, as well your research interests (2 pages maximum)
- Bachelor/MSc1 (non european credits system) or licence/master 1 (european credits system) academic marks, grades and distinctions from your home university (in French or in English)
- A program of the corresponding courses in order to evaluate the requirements and recognition of elective courses for the considered program (in French or in English)
- A letter of recommendation from a past internship supervisor or, failing that, from an academic faculty
- For non-native English applicants: a proof of English proficiency for non-native english candidat (interview, TOEIC > 750 or TOEFL iBT > 85 or IELTS > 6.5) is required
If you have any question regarding the pathway you should take, your admissibility or your interest in the master, please do not hesitate to contact us.
An answer will be given before July 13, 2021, both regarding scholarships and admissibility.
The International Master of Nanoscale Science & Engineering combines physics, chemistry, materials science, theory and experiments. I am a chemist, a lot of prerequisite in physics and mathematics are probably needed. Should I be scared?
- No. Not at all. For example, the hands-on tutorials at the AIME clean room are designed for post-bachelor students with a good general science knowledge and know-how.
What are the tuition fees in France?
- €243 per year at the master level for European Union (EU) students,
- €3,770 for non-EU students. Yet, and given an official decision of the University Paul Sabatier, the total registration fee that non-EU students will be required to pay for the 1-year Nanoscale Science end Engineering degree will also be €243 for the 2021-2022 school year.
€243 is quite cheap. Do such low-cost tuition fees involve a “third-rate” master program ?
- No. Definitely not. Choosing to study in France means gaining access to high-quality programmes and facilities. Tuition fees are low in public Higher education institutions because the French government subsidizes higher education. The true cost of education is the same as it is elsewhere in the world, the difference is that in France the government assumes a large share of that cost. Please discover our Technical facilities to see the equipment made available to our students.
The Ecandidat application site is in French! Although Google translation is my friend, I do not understand what is required 🙁
- Don’t worry. Send us the application documents and we might provide some help.
What is the sanitary situation regarding COVID-19 in France ?
- Discover information about higher education institutions and student life on Campus France
- See updated datas and charts on ourworldindata.org
- In Toulouse, research labs are opened. Given the current situation, the NanoX master will open in September 2021, with practical work and face-to-face teaching in a Covid-secure way.